Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm Hungry!

Came home from school hungry as usual. The cold wind the weatherman promised arrived. I need comfort food! NOW!

MMM! Chicken fried steak would hit the spot! I'm craving it but have nary a steak in the house nor enough gumption to head to the store or even to a restaurant.

This plate of culinary delight hails from Chester's in Branson. Chester's is a local Branson dive that actually has good food.
(normally we have to eat at chains in Branson to get good food)

I wonder if the chef is from the south because the beans are so well seasoned. They sure don't taste like Missouri beans. Real potatoes and gravy. But the steak is the star: real steak and perfectly crisp crust!

I've been on a quest for the best chicken fried steak for the last two years: Chester's is the best in the homestyle category so far.

Wish I could teleport to Chester's right now!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the yakkity yak box! Don't be shy! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments/questions will receive a reply here and visits will be returned.

:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...