Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Perfect Pecan Pie Recipe (Super Secret Foolproof Tip)



Making pecan pie can be a persnickity job. It always takes longer than the recipe states for the filling to set. And it so aggravating when the nuts and crust burn before the filling sets!

Well, no more persnickity pecan pie! I am about to share with you the super secret foolproof tip for perfect pecan pie.

Warm the filling in a saucepan before pouring into the crust!

This allows less baking time because the filling is already hot when it goes into the oven. So no more burnt nuts/crust!




Isn't that absolutely amazing?! 

*While tossed bouquets and accolades to my brilliance are always welcome, I must confess that I discovered this tip in a magazine years ago.










Lesa's Current Favorite Pecan Pie Recipe

ingredients

one refrigerated pie crust (dust both sides with flour like the box says to do for a high sugar pie, fit into 9 inch piepan, fold edges under and crimp. )

3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

enough coarsely chopped pecans or pecan halves to generously cover pie

Steps

1. preheat oven to 350

2. whisk together eggs and next six ingredients in a saucepan over low to medium heat until butter is melted and all ingredients are well blended (don't have to stir constantly but keep an eye on it)

**Beginning cooks: Don't scramble the eggs! Incorporate the eggs before the mixture gets too warm to avoid curdles

3. pour into prepared piecrust

4. sprinkle pecans on filling

5. bake for 35-45 minutes till filling is set. If it jiggles like jello, it is not set yet. 


Easy as pie!


 I so wish I had known the super secret tip back in my teen years. That Dear Abby Pecan Pie recipe used to give me fits!



Try this super but not so secret anymore tip with your favorite pecan pie recipe or with my recipe above. 

Let me know how it turns out.

Happy Pie Making! 










Photobucket

FTFBadge


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I love pecan pie! Great photos! I've had good luck using the Smucker's caramel pecan pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! That looks incredibly delicious! Thanks for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really good. I love pecan pie. It's one of my favorite pies - along with peach. thanks for sharing.

    Now following you from Favorite Things Thursday.
    http://artpark78.com/blog1/my-favorite-savings-and-deals-of-the-year/

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is my longest desire to make pies:) i had always trouble making the perfect dough. surely, i will save this post.

    thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious-looking pecan pie! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I hope you can visit my FTF entry, too. Thanks! http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/12/food-trip-friday-mr-choi-kitchen/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pie looks delish, got to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmmmy! Perfect for the holidays! Stopping by from Food Trip Friday!

    The Twerp & I

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't get enough of that pie! Yum!
    Visiting form Food Trip Friday! Hope you also follow my foodie adventure here in the Philippines! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks delish! I think I'll try this recipe with vanilla icecream topping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for sharing and for linking to Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop at Katherines Corner. Merry Christmas Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum...this pecan pie looks very delish. Thank you for sharing the recipe too :-) Visiting for FTF, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2011/12/i-am-thankful-to-god-for-blessing-me-another-precious-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow/1oh so yummy!!! Thanks for joining and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, fellow foodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post is being featured at this week's "Life is About..." blog hop at "Life as this Mommy knows It"! Thanks for participating, and I welcome you to link up again!

    Blessings,
    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box! Don't be shy! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments/questions will receive a reply here and visits will be returned.

:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...