Monday, December 5, 2011

First Snow of 2011

Oklahoma has been so icy and snowy in recent years. I  like the occasional snowday but I sure hope we catch a break this winter.

The snow is starting out gentle at least.. which is good because I need to ease into it. 


This is what I saw when I opened the door today...


It flurried for a couple of hours but melted.


Nice big fluffy flakes that didn't show up good in the photo but  made for a pretty drive to work. And it was the perfect backdrop as I stopped  at the bank to drop off sacks of Talon's outgrown coats ect for the clothing drive. There are 100 kiddos in this little town needing warm clothes and they need them quick if Old Man Winter has his way!  
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! We haven't had any yet. Great shot of the snow falling. Glad it melted for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to get more and more snow and ice every year in Nebraska. I love the snow. hate the ice! Here's hoping for a mild winter :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box! Don't be shy! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments/questions will receive a reply here and visits will be returned.

:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...