- First make a simple syrup: Place 1 1/2 cup of water and 1 1/2 cup of sugar (and strips of zest from one lemon, if desired) in saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Hull 1 pint of strawberries then puree the berries with 1/4 cup of sugar in a blender or food processor. Strain the puree though strainer or collander lined with coffee filters into a large pitcher.
- Squeeze juice from 4-6 lemons (depending on your taste) and add to pitcher.
- Stir in simple syrup minus zest.
- Add cold water to taste; Stir-- taste-- add sugar or water if needed. Chill or serve immediately over ice.
Remember lemonade is subjective: Adjust the amounts of sugar, strawberries, lemons and water to suit your taste.
Please visit the hosts of these fabulous worldwide photo memes to see more:
Mellow Yellow Monday