August heat got you beat?
Too hot to cook?
Then make this light refreshing and super easy no-bake pie!
2 cups fresh strawberries cut up
1/4 cup sugar
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup sour cream
1 store-bought chocolate or oreo crumb crust for nine inch pie
1. Place strawberries in small bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar; mash strawberries with potato masher; set aside
2. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand five minutes
3. Stir honey into gelatin and warm over low heat until gelatin and honey dissolve.
4. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream; refrigerate 10-15 minutes till mixture begins to thicken.
5. Beat mixture with electric mixer at medium speed until light.
6. Stir in strawberries until well combined,
7. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
If you don't care for the flavor of honey, feel free to use all sugar. For less calories, use light sour cream. If you have no fresh strawberries, use frozen-- thawed, of course.
Dress up your slice of pie with a drizzle of strawberry sauce, sprinkling of chocolate shavings and/or fresh berries.
To me, this is fruity panna cotta in a crust but my little one calls it 'Strawberry Smoothie Pie'. No matter what you call it, this pie will cool you off in a most delicious way!
Linking to:Pin It