Fried Egg Sandwich with Bacon, Gorgonzola and Spinach on Ciabatta!
thick sliced bacon
ciabatta rolls (I used a loaf and cut it)
spinach (or your favorite green)
red wine vinegar
eggs (2 per sandwich)
1. Fry the bacon till crisp. Drain on paper towels.
2. Slice open the rolls or bread. Sprinkle gorgonzola on the bottom slice for each sandwich. Place tops and bottoms on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven till the cheese is melty.
3. Drain bacon grease from skillet and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Optional:leave a bit of bacon grease in for traditional wilted spinach salad flavor. Not as healthy but so delicious! Place spinach in hot oil and toss quickly till slightly wilted. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle spinach with red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Heat butter in another skillet and fry eggs till done to suit your taste. (flip eggs half way through) Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the eggs on the gorgonzola slice of bread followed by bacon and wilted spinach. Close the sandwich and dig in!
Plumb Larapin!Pin It