Monday, November 16, 2009

Fried Okra!

Can't get enough okra! Roasting is my usual cooking method but sometimes I just gotta fry up a big mess of okra.

Over the years, I've tried all combinations of coatings in search of the best. One summer, a Southern Living recipe called for dipping in buttermilk then dredging in seasoned cornmeal. Tasty but a very hard thick crust with a slight tang.

I really prefer a thin light crisp crust on okra. This summer I settled on my favorite! First, I dipped the okra in egg white then dropped it in a ziploc bag of seasoned flour to coat. Panfried as usual.

Don't think I'll stray from this version! It is scrumdiddly!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the yakkity yak box! Don't be shy! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments/questions will receive a reply here and visits will be returned.

:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...